We kick off our Summer 6-week Challenge this week, so we thought we’d share some healthy food – a recipe from the latest meal guide to spice up your kitchen this Summer. This super easy salad is full of goodness and the perfect lunch or dinner option.
– 1 tbsp salt
– 1/2 head cabbage
– 12 green beans, trimmed
– 2 cups raw bean sprouts, washed
-1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced into rounds
– 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
– 4 hard boiled eggs
– 2 tbsp fried shallots and 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander for serving
– 1 large red chilli, chopped
– 1 cup roasted peanuts
– 2 tbsp palm sugar, or brown sugar
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 3 tbsp fish sauce (omit if vegetarian)
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 2 tbsp tamarind paste dissolved in
– 1 cup hot water
1. For the peanut sauce, process the chilli, peanuts, sugar and salt to a coarse paste in a small food processor or stick mixer. Add the fish sauce and lemon juice and dilute to a thin dressing by gradually adding the tamarind liquid.
2. Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add the salt. Boil the cabbage for four minutes until just tender and drain very well.
3. Blanch the beans and beansprouts separately for 30 seconds each, bringing the water to a boil between each vegetable.
4. Arrange the blanched cabbage, beans and beansprouts on a plate with the raw cucumber and tomatoes, as well as the halved eggs.
5. Serve the salad with the dressing and scattered with fried shallots and coriander.
Try some of our other healthy food recipes.
Belinda Survilla is the Pilates & Co. studio manager and takes regular classes at the Miami studio, including orientation.
We undertake the 6-week Challenge every season. Keep an eye out for our next one. It’s lots of fun and a great way to kickstart your Pilates practice.