Healthy Food: Pumpkin Soup
We kick off our Autumn 6-week Challenge this week, so we thought we’d share some healthy food – a recipe from the latest meal guide to warm you up. This easy soup is full of goodness and the perfect lunch or dinner option.
– 1/2 large Jap pumpkin
– 1 large onion, quartered
– 1 tin of coconut milk
– 1/2 tsp your favourite spice mix (curry works well!)
– salt & pepper
– spring onion for serving
1. Peel and chop the pumpkin
2. Add pumpkin and onion to large pot and add enough water to just cover
3. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer without a lid until pumpkin is tender
4. Add pumpkin and onions to a high-speed blender in batches
5. Pour blended soup mixture back into the washed pot and add remaining ingredients
6. Serve with a sprinkle of spring onions
Try some of our other healthy food recipes.
We undertake the 6-week Challenge every season. Keep an eye out for our next one. It’s lots of fun and a great way to kickstart your Pilates practice.