Made a New Year’s resolution to get fit? Just because you haven’t kicked into gear yet, doesn’t mean you still can’t. We’ve got a special membership offer just for the month of February. Don’t ditch your New Year’s resolutions. ‘Take two’ on the new year and get your membership in order, and we’ll give you two (2 weeks that is) free!
Sign up to any of our memberships (see below and on our pricing page) in February, and you will get:
2 weeks free (the first and last week)
a Pilates and Co. tank (for the first 25 sign-ups)
ABOUT OUR CLASSES
Pilates & Co. is a boutique Pilates reformer studio, with ten reformer machines so when you do our standard group classes you get quality training and attention from our instructors. Our timetable has over 40 classes a week which are a mix of Pilates reformer at all levels (beginner and intermediate), MetCon, our own brand of Reformer HIIT and our Mums and Bubs classes. We also have Small Group classes, as well as 0ne-on-one bookings available with Pilates instructors and an exercise physiologist.
HOW PILATES & CO. MEMBERSHIPS WORK
Memberships are the most cost-effective way to regularly attend our sessions. They can be tailored to suit how often you want to attend (from 1 to 4 sessions per week). Commit to a set amount of sessions per week – you choose how many. You can attend any group class on the timetable with these memberships.
Memberships can be set up online or over the phone using either your bank account details or credit card. Available membership packages are:
Things you need to know about memberships:
- Memberships are taken as a weekly direct debit and are a 12-week commitment or 6-month commitment for the 4 session option.
- Memberships can be placed on hold once per 3-month membership and twice per 6-month membership period for 2-4 weeks.
- This hold period will extend the length of your membership.
- Sessions do not roll over to the following week.
CLAIM THE OFFER
To claim this offer simply click through to one of the options above and sign up through our online system or via the Pilates & Co. app. You can also contact the studio by phone or email to set up your membership, or if you have any questions.
If you haven’t visited our studio before, contact us about our free orientation class to check us out.
We know how much you love your mum so we put together this Mother’s Day Gift Guide to help you make mum’s day the best one possible!
No 1. Give your mum the gift of Pilates!
Jump online and grab your mum a gift card –
CLICK HERE. If mum is new to us, you can take advantage of our intro offer of 4 sessions for $80. Maybe your mum would benefit from a little more one on one attention? Grab a Deluxe Intro Pack which includes 2 private sessions for $149.We also have printed gift cards at the studio if you’d prefer, just contact us to organise a time to pick one up. This is truly a gift that will keep on giving! Your mum will feel stronger, longer and more confident – she’s going to love it.
No 2. Neek Skin Organics
NEEK Skin Organics is the brainchild Angelique, who has created a delicious line of organic, natural and cruelty-free skin products including lipsticks and skincare! Whether your mum has skin sensitivity or not, she’s going to love these products. CLICK HERE to grab the NEEK mothers day gift box, or browse the site to find more gorgeous goodies!
No 3. Get her jewellery, clothing or homewares (but the cool stuff)
Find an exotic treasure for mum at Bohemian Lifestyle. Owner Tamsyn has put together a range of clothing, jewellery and homewares that are stylish, elegant and just a little bit different so you know your getting something truly special for mum. CLICK HERE to view the Bohemian Lifestyle range. Tamsyn is offering free postage for you all! Enter the code BOHOLOVE in checkout.
No 4. Say it with flowers (and oils)
All mums love flowers but they never last long enough. Gift mum essential oils and her home will smell divine all year long! Apart from the aromatherapy benefits, there is also a multitude of uses for essential oils that is practically endless. Order mum a start-up kit by contacting us at the studio.
Holidays are generally the time that you stop all your healthy habits and put on a little weight, let’s be honest! But Pilates & Co. owner, Roz Norman, found a way to celebrate a birthday on a trip to the USA and lose inches and feel better in the process.
I’m sure a few of you know that I turned 40 this year and I was lucky to have a girl’s trip to NYC and Hawaii to celebrate this HUGE milestone!
I know it is surprising to hear but, my NYC trip was not all shopping and espresso martinis. I actually thoroughly enjoy checking out fitness studios, health clubs and seeing what the trend is in other countries and to bring back any ideas to improve my businesses. I also like to keep fit and eat well while I am away.
Yes, it is possible to do this and you just need to follow these easy steps (they are easy if you have no kids with you too!):
- As soon as you wake, have a shot of coffee and jump on the treadmill or go for a quick run for 30 mins each day (Marriott Time Square has a great gym or stay close to Central Park and get outdoors).
- Drink loads of water on the plane and each day.
- Make sensible and the right size food choices –lots of salads and protein. Watch the carbs! It is so easy to eat well in the US. Great press juice bars and easy high protein snacks to get you through to the next meal.
- Enjoy your bubbles ladies, and beers boys, but don’t go over the top every night.
- It is amazing how much walking you actually will do each day so you burn loads of calories just taking in the sites.
Merrithew Group (Stott Pilates) arranged access to a number of Pilates studios and my favourite was Kinespirit in Gramercy – they not only do Reformer sessions like we do but they have Gyrotonic Pilates. You may or may not know that Lady Gaga is a massive fan of Reformer and Gyrotonic. Both have been huge in her rehabilitation after hip surgery. Gyrotonic definitely takes a few sessions to get your head around the flowing movements and the exercises, but the feeling after a class is amazing. The feeling through my spine and core was exhilarating! I was glad I got to experience this class.
My favourites fitness tips for New York City:
My coffee and fitness tips for Waikiki Beach:
- Morning Glass Coffee and Café – Manoa Valley. About 25 mins in a cab from Waikiki beach. The best coffee and healthy food that I could find in the area!
- Pilates O ka la – the teachers and the studio were amazing! They only do privates and semi-privates but well worth doing a couple of sessions to keep up your practice while on holidays. Only 20 mins walk from Waikiki beach (a good warmup).
- Diamond Head Crater walk (or RUN) – this was about a 3 hour round trip from the beach. Awesome workout and if you are up for a run… a great burn of some calories! View amazing and a very rewarding hike. A must if you are heading to Waikiki Beach!
Lastly as a wife, mother and a business owner life gets so busy …..one major thing I got out of this trip (besides a new wardrobe) was the importance to have time out away from family to reset your mind and body. Now I don’t think I am going to get 2 weeks a year to go to NYC but a couple of nights away to Byron should do the trick! Imagine what I have planned for my 50th!
Roz Norman is the owner of Pilates & Co. and regularly teaches Pilates reformer, met.con and more at the studio. She’s also a mum of three and married to Dave. You can follow Roz and Dave on Instagram (@thenormanlife)
Want to kick-start your fitness goals too? Come and see us at Pilates & Co. We offer a number of membership and class payment options, and if you’re new to our studio you can take advantage of our free orientation class and our 4 for $80 Introduction offer. You could get really serious and join our 6-week Transformation Challenge.
Not a Gold Coast resident but planning a trip to the Burleigh Heads or nearby? Purchase our 4 for $80 class visitor pass (valid for two weeks). Contact us if you need to find out more.